15 March 2006

A Word About My Vocabulary

I am learning that there are a great many people out there who love me and take care of me. To show my appreciation to these people I use certain terms to describe them and I thought I would let you know what they all mean.

1. "Auntie": An Auntie is any female parishioner in my Dad's parish who dotes upon me - and there are many!
2. "Aunt" & "Uncle": These people are my Mom & Dad's good friends
3. Aunt & Uncle: I only have one each of these. Karen and Tom Harrison are my Mom's sister and brother
4. Gran: My Dad's Mom (Pauline)
5. Grandad: My Dad's Dad (Jim)
6. Nanny: My Mom's Mom (Faye)
7. Grampy: My Mom's Dad (Tom)
8. Grandma Carol: My Mom's birth mother who lives in Ontario
9. "Sister": This would be our dog Dax

I am sure that these terms of endearment will change as I do so I will try to keep you posted. Love, Magdalene

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Magdalene, I would be so honoured to be included in your vocabulary department as Grandma Carol. I am so happy to be your grandmother; I visit your blog every day and send you my love, hugs and kisses.
Happy baby!
I love seeing your room and enjoy you in all those great clothes. Lucky girl! What a beauty you are, so pretty and healthy and growing every day, and enjoying your parents and grandparents, friends and relatives, Aunties and Dax. So many people love you! I am delighted to see your wonderful parents looking so well and happy. Your Mother is beautiful; give her a kiss and a pat from me and thank your Daddy for doing this blog. Such a joy.
X Carol

Elliott Siteman said...

Yes, yes of course I am sooo sorry that you were omitted - completely by mistake. You see Daddy has a hard time making out my handwriting and he missed the note with Grandma Carol.

Love,
Magdalene

Anonymous said...

Tell your Dad that he is the best father a little girl could ever have. Such a lucky girl you are!

Anonymous said...

Hey There little cutie...
Don't forget the often colourful 2nd cousin DeE :)

My computer is down for the count, so I am catching up on this site.. but i'm still checking it out, and seeing how things are...

Much love from the west coast,
(You'll have to come visit it once you learn to walk, talk and all that neat stuff!)

DeE (aka Deidre) xoxo